Now hiring all positions for the 2022 Whitewater Rafting Season
Wanted: Guides, Drivers, Retail Staff
Downstream Adventures is a family-owned, guide-run company with locations on Clear Creek and the Upper Colorado River. We began our company from humble beginnings, in 2015, and have grown a lot over the years. We have an extremely experienced staff and are looking for like-minded individuals to excel with us in the outdoor industry.
Experienced Guides - Clear Creek & Upper Colorado River
We are hiring experienced guides to join the crew at our Clear Creek and Upper Colorado River locations. Safety and customer service are Downstream Adventures top priorities and our employees will be expected to perform their job with this in mind. Trip pays vary depending on the location and difficulty of the trip, but we offer extremely competitive compensation. Bonuses are available based on experience and certifications. Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
● Professionally trained and must at least meet the minimum requirements of Colorado Parks and Wildlife
● Current Cpr and First Aid Certificate
● Good customer service and verbal communications skills
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Loading and unloading rafting equipment for each trip
● Washing/sanitizing and putting away customer gear after each trip
● Engage customers, provide a safe and memorable experience
Guide Trainee - Clear Creek & Upper Colorado River
We will be conducting a small training class this spring. Training lasts about 2 weeks; during which time you will learn all the necessary skills to be a successful whitewater river guide. Prior experience is not required. Please call or email for more information.
Office/Retail Staff - Clear Creek & Upper Colorado River
Our retail staff members are the first faces our guests see when checking in for their rafting trip and the last faces they see after they check out with their rafting souvenirs. This is an excellent summer job for fun-loving, outgoing individuals that will enjoy the perks of free rafting trips.
● Must be computer competent with the ability to learn reservation and point-of-sale software
● Must have good written and verbal communication skills, good phone correspondence
● Must be friendly, helpful, and exude overall positive energy so that our guests may begin their trip with the confidence of knowing that they are being taken care of
● Retail staff oversees guest check-in and retail sales.
● Restock store items and keep the store area clean
● Assist with reservations and customer communications
Base pay starts at $17/hour. Hourly increases based on experience and performance. Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
CDL Bus Drivers - Clear Creek & Upper Colorado River
We are hiring friendly drivers to transport guests to and from the river. Drivers must have a CDL Class B with Passenger and Airbrake endorsement or be willing to get one. For qualified individuals, we can offer training to acquire a CDL B. Driver will assist the raft trip by setting safety at key rapids on our more difficult trips. This can be a very fun aspect of the job and some swift water rescue training will be provided. We generally stay within about 20 miles of our base.
● Routine vehicle inspections that include checking fluids, tire pressure, and lights.
● Maintain daily driving logs
● Be personable with clients and provide excellent customer service
● Drive a bus with a 16’ trailer and be able to back the trailer into restrictive areas
● Keep a clean and neat vehicle. Sweep or vacuum each day and occasionally was vehicles
● Possess a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with air brake and passenger endorsement (training may be available for the right candidate)
● Be able to pass a drug screen
● Possess valid Commercial Driver Medical Certification
Base pay starts at $20/hour. Hourly increases based on experience and performance.